Friday, September 24, 2010

Untitled

Talent runs in the family! This is a piece done by my little sister Gabby. Enjoy.



No more "baby's" and "I love you"
Not a chance in the world to say I do
A love ended when life began
Change, time, and social fun
Killed it slowly
A painful drift to separate places
No more caking and dancing
The romance
Has been lifted
And I must act as if I don't miss it
Your soothing voice putting me to sleep
Replaced with tears as I think
Of you and me
A love lost in the dust
After the destruction caused by us
All the promises broken
No love kept as a token
Torn apart and misled
Mind so stubborn, will never change
Not even for your lover

I must forget that this existed
A touch from your finger making me happy
Your silly and twisted
Stories every day
Being able to talk all my pain away
A love so pure and innocent
Never forced or minuscule
Filled the room when we walked in it
Reminded so many
What might have been missing

Acting as if I don't think about you
Or jump for joy when I hear from you
Reminding myself every second
That we might never turn back
Giving up as the days grow longer
Locking those sweet memories away
And rubbing all chips off my shoulder
Trying to forget this pain is inside when I see you
Plastering a smile on my face
And know I'm looking my best
So you can see what you've missed
Acting every day
Causes more drift
And sooner or later
My love for you is like a mist
Can't be seen nor heard
And after all this
I still can't be your friend

No comments:

Post a Comment