Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Depression

I’d like you to think that I have it all together
Everything is on point
Not a hair out of place
 My outer being working like a well oiled machine
But internally,
Gears constantly
Pop
Out of place
And
I am slowing breaking down.
Spend my nights with tear stained pillows
And
Wrap myself up with 400 thread count
Sheets
Woven from emptiness at night.
Wake up each morning trying
To scrub the layers of loneliness off my
Skin
So many times till it bleeds
I need
Someone to carry me to serenity,
I can’t stop hurting.
I pour a cup of heartbreak
Hot
And piercing
That it scolds my soul
Stir two packets
And drink it down to fill me up with the thought of luck.
This invisible layer that weighs me
Down
10 ton.
I try to
Lift it,
Let it go
Free myself from this…
I want peace 

1 comment:

  1. Not only can God grant you that peace but......i can help as well....you know you belong with me just open up your eyes and your heart and let me.......

    ReplyDelete