Thursday, September 30, 2010

I Miss You

Six years still feels like just yesterday.... thats all that can really be said. Happy Birthday


This time I’ll be there.
I’ll be there to say goodbye,
To celebrate your journey,
To not take life for granted,
To not take your life for granted,
To use my body to warm you back up,
To hold your hand,
Breathe life back into your lungs
Like the September breezes that
Remind me of you.
To call your name
Loud enough that you would feel
It in the pit of your soul
Only to rise from this eternal slumber.
This time I’ll save you
From your inner struggles,
Constantly at war with your mind.
Everyday is a battle,
And I know its painful.
This time I’ll fight with you
Become you secret service agent
To jump in front of you went the shot of Death passes by.
Part take in each tribulation
Carry your exhaustion on my shoulders
This time I’ll be there
Be interested in any and everything you
Have to say
Listen to your stories
Take heed in your guidance
Be thankful for the wisdom God has bestowed upon
You.
Sing our favorite songs
Talk for hours until we fall asleep
So you don’t have to be alone,
with your inner thoughts
I’ll rewind time to go
Back just to lay near you
Enjoy every second
If only I had this time, or next time
But my last time was my last time
And i
Can’t change the past
Only
Endure the results of our last words
To carry through the present
Try to fill my void from you of
Something else
But each is a constant reminder
Of what I did not get to
Do
Had I still had you
I miss you
Mom


No comments:

Post a Comment