Monday, September 27, 2010

Overpowered

Its rare that I disclose any of the people that influence my work. However, this piece just screamed dedication, unfortunatley ...... Reading is only half the matter. I hope you can understand where we stood (you know who you are).


How do I begin
To tell the tale of
What has come to pass,
Of what
Maybe I wanted to last
But finally fell short
Because I was tired of dealing with your ass.
Alas,
A friendship like this should never be
There was no use in being fri-enimies
“I love you, then I hate you, then I love you”
Type vocabulary
Why?
But this tug-o-war relationship
Never worked since
We’re on opposite ends
One pulling the other in the wrong direction,
I can’t do this anymore.
Drawing in open seams as if it were a chore
Having to constantly restore
The good time we once had before.
Washing my scabs of my
Anger for you on a daily basis hurts.
And while each feel as though the other
Has been deserted
I just want to let go of this
Rope.
But how can I
Without allowing you to fall hard.
No one to catch you, because we’re both pulling alone,
Or do I just stop pulling
Allowing you to drag me
Along for the ride until
I’m neck deep in murky water
I am not strong enough.

1 comment:

  1. ....who might this be for...sholl aint me....

    ReplyDelete