Friday, September 17, 2010

Reasons Unknown

You are,
Not my reason for living
But you sure come close
To reasoning, easily
Making life filled with
A little less misery
Although you are that
Wine glass to which I
Am not ready to give
myself away to sensibly
To be drunk off of your love
Like reviving my life too
You do
Bring me back to this
Youth, adding years
Allowing our times together
Seem like they will never
End, I think I have
Found that fountain
And the trail to that
Secret starts in your eyes
And ends levels six deep
In your heart
But to my surprise
It’s already been dug up
So I began to look elsewhere
Because obviously I got the
Wrong map right?
At least that’s what I’ll tell myself
Being lead only by the
Sound of your voice
And I think I  trust you,
Knowing that this may be the
Only way that we will still
Be together
Forever,
“Just relax” you say,
 And I will look elsewhere
Taking my journey deeper 
And deeper in the
Depths of the unknown
Not quite like Africa
But it has a jungle of its own
And you tell me that
It’s here here where
I’ll find our love, how
Our lives are intertwined for an eternity
Like two vines gently tangled
Bearing fruit on all ends
No time and yes, I do want you
To be mine so I’ll do
Anything to make you happy
Hoping that you will fall
Madly in these arms
Into these hands and
I will fall madly into that heart
I will give myself to you
Sacrificially
Apart from the fact
That you will never truly
Understand what happens
When you take hold of
My hand
I am ready to submit
But all you can think about is
If it can take it
And how you can
Tell your friends about
How you turned this trick out
And all I’m trying to figure out
is
How the
Trail detoured off
From your eyes to your
Balls.
To my inner walls
Secretly joking that
I will never be your only,
adding yet another
Notch to your belt
Knowing that you never
Really cared how I felt
And I’ll act as though I
Never knew because
I’ll do anything just to be
Close to you
My emotions quarrel
The secretions subdue
You turn over
And use my tears as the
Lullaby to your dreams
Sweet music indeed

2 comments:

  1. hiphop culture needs to comment on the poem instead of just saying about ya blog

    GREAT WRITE I MISSED YOUR POETRY

    ReplyDelete