Thursday, May 13, 2010

Spoken Word and Television

I am so grateful for shows like Def Jam Poetry and Brave New Voices. It gave the chance for young writers like myself to be exposed to a broader audience. I can remember being in middle school thinking that "Hey, maybe something can come out of my writing, if they can do it so can I." This show has fueled my writing ever since.







From watching videos, I draw from their concepts and sort of  do my own rendition of their poems. Here's one to Frenchie's "Fucking Ain't Conscious."

LIKE NIKE


If you are one of those brotha’s who tend to think and analyze on a level far too high for the mind to fandom… then this ain’t for you. I’m not looking for that type of brotha, not that type of lover, sorry baby, I want another. And you’re asking me, well what do I want exactly… now don’t get mad when I get real and tell you… Hey, I just want to fuck. Don’t get it confused with making love because I don’t want to make love… yeah you heard right I want to fuck. Better yet, don’t think just fuck me. Yes, I know you love me but we’re not talking about love for you see loving and fucking are opposite forces in the world of me. It’s ok, I understand if you’re into foreplay, but playing is for children, and honey, I ain’t a child. It’s distracting me from the real stuff, the real funk, from what I want, and that is to fuck. I know you had this whole little scene set up with the chocolate and whipped cream and all, about how you wanted to feed me strawberries in the moonlight while reciting Shakespeare, but fuck a Shakespeare; I want these legs in the air. I’m just not that kind of girl. Really, I am begging you to bend me over and bang me Bangkok style, me banging cock for a little while. I want us to see how many neighbors we can wake in one night, from the left, to the right, then across, and two streets down. I want the police to be called for the reports of hearing exotic animal sounds. I want to whisper some stuff in your ear that’ll send you to sleep because you just want to dream about it. I want to fight over who made who nut first and then fuck again just the make sure it’s true. I want to you to think my ass is a conga drum because you think I rode you to the mother land. I want hair pulling, teeth clenching, back scratching, kind of fucking. I want unconscious fucking, body- rocking, knocking to boots kind of humping. Body warming, Skin so creamy that I won’t need Vaseline for a week kind of fucking. Touching, rubbing, kissing, licking, sucking, just plain dirty fucking is how I want it. No, it’s not about trying to tease, how about to be satisfied, to be pleased. I want to be fucked so hard that afterwards, it takes at least two hours to find my panties. I want to wake up in the morning and smell noting but sex and breakfast. I want you to put it down so good in the bed, that I have no choice than to make to a steak with your eggs. Like I said, it’s ok if you’re one of those romantic, passionate types, but that just ain’t my cup of tea. The massages, the body oils, scented candles, please save those for another chick. Do understand that the only thing I want from you is some good-ass dick. Nothing planned everything impromptu, that’s how I want you. You take away the unpredictability; you take away the fun, the life out of love. You take away the idea that every relationship is based on unpredictability, which should be the number one thing to think about before you hook-up with somebody. No one goes into a relationship knowing exactly what they’re in for or what to expect. Hell, the spontaneity is sometimes the best part.  I want you to understand that although opposite forces do attract, my ying will sometimes butt heads with you yang, and everything will not always go as planned. So let’s make our sex life like our real life, one big spontaneous mess and do shit you only hear about. Thinking and analyzing only induces second guessing and apprehensiveness baby, so let’s not. Let’s not think. I know that “a good mind’s a terrible thing to waste,” and if you don’t use it, you’ll lose it. But we’re not talking about rocket science here baby, let’s be like Nike and just do it.


©Danie Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment