Sunday, May 23, 2010

A Lover's Song


I am yours as you are mine,
The words danced across his lips like
Shooting stars in the night sky.
Line for Line,
They are signed into the walls of my heart.
Inscribed, now and forever more.
You are mine as I am yours.
Emotions rushing fast and hard,
As if against the shore.
To have you feels so unreal,
I’ve not known you for but
A full moon’s pass
And you’ve already invaded this private seal.
Invaded, but not broken,
You’ve positioned yourself in my most special place,
That cannot be replaced, only widened in space.
You are here, to my heart, you are near.
 With the gift of each new day that comes,
It brings with it you, and I am grateful.
Soul for soul we are one,
And as the new day accepts its demise,
I look towards horizon and see you arise.
A promise that our love will live on.


©Danie Rae



No comments:

Post a Comment