Thursday, February 17, 2011

Love Drunk

Hi my name’s Danielle
And I’m addicted to love
Not just any love, but loving you
Loving you so much that it hurts
I’m still hung over from last night
Inebriated by the smell of your cologne
That manages to linger on my pillow
And damn, I should have burnt it but
Even after acceptance sobers my reality
Heartbreak still has me drunk
Taking shots to the head
No chaser
As if anything could dilute the sting of the truth
And being hurt is nothing new
So why am I a lightweight when it came to you?
Because life was a party when it came to you
Now your banishment has left me with a habit
And no clue to of how to recover
From the routine of being next to you
I need rehab
How is the single life suppose to be a rehab
When I can’t help but to relapse
Quickly losing my firm grasp of what love is
Suppose to be
Remedy
Therapy
Instead I’m 10 shots deep
This heart of mine is pretty damn close to
Suffering from a love-aholic’s poisoning
And all I want to do is sleep on any possibility
That there is anyone even out there for me
I can’t take another day of being this
Intangible day dream
This convenience coupon whose points never get
Redeemed
Its incomprehensible to only have wanted
The surprise of unexpected flowers but instead
Get handed a tower of tissues
Realizing that
The bitch in me was overpowered by the revelation
 That you misused me
And this current state of intoxication does nothing
To shake the fact from my memory.
Something about being this beside myself
Makes life so angry
Damn
I miss the days when I wasn’t clenching
To the wine glass of your memory
Our happiness was my sobriety
Where mental numbness
Wasn’t needed to put me to sleep
I’ve got that lover’s itch
Your visual enigma has me addicted
And I don’t want to go another 24 hours
Without experiencing the sweet taste
Of those lips
The withdrawals are too intense
I mean,
Do they even have centers for recovering lovers?
Cause I need a 12 step program or something
To get me over this hump,
Get me out of this slump
The days are taking forever to pass by
Hurt is losing its ability to quench my thirst
And the farther I become immersed to
Keep these emotions numb
The harder it is to reverse the permanent effects
Please, if only I could
Intersect,
Disconnect
Redirect myself to the path of
Positive recuperation
I could be…. Clean

No comments:

Post a Comment