Thursday, February 17, 2011

Insignia




They call me just French
But to you its Ms. French
Because I command authority
As these words part from my lips
I’m systematically vicious
A pit bull with lipstick
Minus the reference to Palin
Because I’m an activist
Without all the bullshit/ I mean politics
Oh so explicit
Shy and sweet on the outside
On stage I murder with my poetics
Not that it’s a competition
I spit for the love of the verse
Did I forget to mention
I spit because I’ve loved some of the worst
And hurt regurgitates through words
So I’m just a product of a few bad lovers
Not that I don’t know how to speak love
Enamor  I could voice from cover to cover
And that’s Ms. French to you
I write similes that shock ya values
Through shock value
I got metaphor that shake up ya reality
Conceptualize the formalities
Of the last of a dying breed
Spit words the pierce your could and bleed
I see the truth and wear it on my sleeve
Shit, I’ve got a master’s in lyrically philosophy
Not that I’m cocky
More like just confident in my abilities
The assumption to arrogance
Speaks to my hard work
And diligence
Cultural value
I love my gift
And give consonants life
With figurative virtue
So remember, yes I’m Danielle
That may be fine and true
But while I’m up here
It will always be Ms. French to you

©2011 Danielle French



No comments:

Post a Comment