Thursday, February 17, 2011

Letter To My Closest




Dear self,
I think its time that
We address some things
Not necessarily expose ourselves
But realize the names
For our issues are self made
We are the ones to blame
These inner battles that take place
Are deteriorating
No ones winning
And I need a new beginning
So where do I begin?
Somewhere between this hair and that skin
Acknowledge what has been
I’m trapped in
This psychological prison
Rationalized to be alright
Because its cushioned
Soft pillow don’t turn
A lunatic sane
Just like society’s acceptance
Of a sailor’s words
Do not make them not profane
Where is my head?
Sandwiched between
Cheap springs and a wool bed spread
Because my gift of intellect
Was deemed as useless
You say sex sells
But only when you’re selling a product
Soliciting ill conduct
Meaning no one wants to buy into these thoughts
So my sex sales
Are nothing more than sex cells
I’ve exhausted all my options
So I can’t excel at anything else
I am unconsciously worthless
Fully unaware that I’m worth less
Than half the amount of time I undress
Let yet another no name caress me
Rub against my supple flesh
Unable to fully embrace me
Only to declare that I’m a woman at 16
The selfless submission is senseless
But I can’t come to my sense
Because three little words have
Me in a trance
Shaking myself from it is far too distant
Especially when my independence
Relies on me being dependent
Truth is
I’m about to lose it
Don’t know what I want
Confused enough to quit
How is it possible to be
On my own with having to be alone
Just a glimmer of sanity
I’d like to emit
However the mirror I per into
Only reflects my unnatural views
Self, we’ve definitely got some work to do
Sincerely, Yours

No comments:

Post a Comment