Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Hickies

The Last memory I have of you is
On the left side of my neck;
 prominent, crimson, and noticeable.
Swollen, tender, and painful,
 And like you,
Its imprint is permanent and
Will sink deep into the crevices of my skin,
 Into the crevices of my soul.
As much as I’ve tried,
 I cannot forget.
And believe me, I’ve  tried.
There isn’t enough make-up in the world
To hide it,
Enough ice to reduce it,
Or enough cream to sooth it.
Big as the fuckin’ sun,
It still remains, you still remain.
I cannot change.
 The recovery will be slow and painful,
For with each new sunrise,
 Aside from the last sunset,
 I will touch and feel the burn.
 I will look and feel the anguish.
Big as the fuckin’ sun.
 That last time when all inhibitions
 Were lost and new ideas found.
I will look at and remember how I
Gave in to the most passionate 45 minutes of my life,
 Reaching a point of insanity that
Made my toes curl so far under,
Opened my eyes,
And made my back turn into a fuckin’ crescent.
Yes, it was that good.
I truly saw myself for who I was.
A freak, I deny it no longer.
I wear this symbol with pride.
I cannot change. I cannot forget.
I cannot change. I cannot forget.
That day you decided you wanted
To become Buffy the black girl slayer
And dig your teeth so far into my skin
That you can feel my pulse jump three times.
Trying to suck every ounce of me into you
Into me, back into you, into me again.
That last memory of you on
 The left side of my neck,
Sinking deep into my chest.
Big, red, and noticeable,
Swollen, sore, and painful.
Big as the fuckin’ sun.


©Danie Rae

1 comment:

  1. .......hmmmmm......no comment......loved the write...but the thoughts thats going through my head.....cry out to hold them in til later....

    ReplyDelete