Saturday, June 19, 2010

Breathless




He left me breatheless.
Weakened, unable to speak for myself because
My thoughts were not his, and who would want that?
A woman, speaking for herself?
An individual breaking out of conformity like
A newborn bursting through the walls of one life to live in their own
But no, who would want that?
A virgin to the ideas of
What I should do when he comes in the room,
 Only bow my head, speak when spoken to
Rehearsed  responses to his routine of questions
“now, what do we say?”
“yes dear, no dear” I say whatever you what me to say
He had to break my virginity with blows to the side
And fists to the head
And those struggles in the bed where he made me
Submit, give in, give up, put out, put in
Shut up
He left me there, breathless


©Danie Rae

1 comment:

  1. now see with stuff like this.....i aint gotta say no more....

    ReplyDelete