Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Dedication

I write for you
I am inspired by the way your body fits
Right next to mine
How everything about you is living poetry
And we are each other's country metaphors
Figuratively speaking
I mean like
The ice to my box
The cheese to my grits
The Barack to my Michelle
'Cause we run this shit
See, we play this game of silly novelties
You are the naps to my roots
And like you, I'd never want altered
Our chemistry is just natural
The strands of our likenesses entangled
With our differences to create a
Language that evolves
With each new thought and unexpected smile
Foundation built on utter randomness
But works like clocks work
Like clockwork, yet without time
Clocking more worth in these memories
So the higher they'll climb
You are the word that always has my rhyme
With actions that form many sonnets
And like Shakespeare, I could go on and on
Comparing thee to a mid summer's day
But also a full moon's night
A winter's first snow
And a spring's final bloom
I doubt if there are enough seasons
To compare you to
And this is the reason why you
Can't be confined to a categorized room
Your descriptions are infinite
I get lost going in circles
Because our love is just that complicated
I appreciate all of the contradictions
Our relationship has to offer
Play with words in a way that strangely makes sense
Quarters, dimes and nickels
Because change makes cents
And we are wealthy in what we have in common
So we make common sense
And I write for you
For I can never say the right words
To help you understand the meanings
Behind my verbs
So here's our book Baby.
The anthology that captures our time
Whenever we get lost in the reality
Of earthly lives
The reference for love will
Always be our photo
And this poem

1 comment: