Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Treasure Found

The day I found myself was the day.
It was the day I cut off all my hair, watching
In shock as long, thick, strands hit the floor,
 And walked out the door.
I became the slayer of the dragon manufacturing,
And manipulating the media,
Flicking its tail and flashing its fangs,
Rearing its ugly head,
Breathing the fires of an "ideal" beauty,
Constantly pouring out
Pages of the magazines, showing
What seemed to be
A conformity, of how I, everyone should be, 
Oh but there is so much more to me
Laughing at the demise of my past, at last
Finally free.
It was the day I stopped letting my feelings
Control my thoughts and right a wrong thing instead
Of writing to a wrong thing
(That is, siding to a wrong thing),
Bringing together the
Kings and queens, addressing the love that sings and
Swings in the breezes of the October sun,
And we've only just begun.
Enlisting the help of the moon and
The stars as they dance across
The night sky emphasizing our unity.
It was the day I stopped asking why, and
Break away from this hate community.
It was the day I looked into the mirror a**-naked
And loved myself for who I was, instead of hating it
For what I had to become.
For what I had to become.
In case you didn't hear me, I said
For what I had to become.
That is, realizing that there is more to life
Than my pants size, the width of my thighs,
The color of my eyes,
The lies that people tell
To make you want to
Despise what’s on the outside.
Criticize.
The day I found out what it meant to have pride.
While tuning out the ignorant disguised
As my friends, transcending vibes of the vile,
To which I can now defend,
My body, my life, my style.
I smiled. I win.
Because I know who I am now.
Treasure Found

No comments:

Post a Comment