Saturday, December 4, 2010

Forgotten

I am on that list of forgotten girls.
Not even important enough to
Grace the back of expired milk cartons
And interstate billboards
Because I no longer matter and
You don’t care, that I will forever be
Hidden underneath the
Stack of
Dirty magazines
 And used condom wrappers,
The game you use is not a trapper
Because these eyes cut through your lies
And you don’t want anyone else to know
Your dirty little secret.
The list that is marked “Do Not Touch,”
Because
My ample flesh is not meant to be clutched
The one girl that you couldn’t use as your sexual crutch
You want to dump your frustrations on me
Something easy to lean on when the pain of
Being lonely becomes too heavy,
Then push me off to the side
You want to drench me in the cum stains
Of your promiscuity
So that I may become yet another favored follower
To your freak induced fever
Social networking through old bed springs and
Cheap sheets
A list of those girls who will never be that girl.
Not offering herself up as a gift, 
But more like a constellation prize.
“You didn’t win me over, but at least you tried and
The sanity of my body is something I’ll gladly compromise”
Because she will surely die if she doesn’t
Have someone to hold tonight
Addicted to companionship for
It is a means of acceptance
And unlike me, she is weak
Unable to discern when she is being used
Becoming as worthless as a dollar bill
Oh If your lines could kill,
But they do
My need for intellectual stimulation
Falls to rejection, and is swept under the radar.
It’s so easy to call me high maintenance
When your standards are so low
We whose efforts are forgotten, remain untouchable.
Hidden underneath the stack of dirty
Magazines and tucked between used condom wrappers.
The list marked “Do Not Touch.”

No comments:

Post a Comment